Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Life Change

On Sunday, March 2, 2014, I chose to take the step to proclaim my faith by being baptized. When I was five years old, I accepted Christ into my heart, and I was baptized; however, I didn't know exactly what I was doing. Ever since then, I had always loved Jesus and wanted Him to be a part of my life, but I didn't desire Him completely. In high school, I began to slowly start straying away from Him. I still believed in Christ, but I stopped relying on Him. I stopped focusing on Him. I stopped reading my Bible. I stopped going to church. I was lost. But God gave me a wake up call. My senior year of high school, I lost my best friend, Kayla, to suicide (I've written more about her in previous posts). I was in complete shock, but I felt this overwhelming sense of God, like He was telling me, "I am here, Haley. Trust in me. This is all a part of my plan. Lean on me." So, I listened. I trusted in Him. I remembered Jeremiah 29:11 that says, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" God had a plan. I hate that I lost my best friend. I think about her everyday. There are still days that I cry just thinking about her. But I know that God had a plan, even through such an awful situation. I have already seen part of his plan unfold in my life. I've learned that our time on earth is short. 2 Corinthians 10:31 says, "So,whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." We are placed on this earth for one reason, and that is to glorify God. Kayla lived a life that glorified God. Her time was short, but it was full. After her loss, I realized that I want to live a life like her. I want to live a life that shines Christ's. I want to live a life of serving and loving others. I want to live a life where Christ is my number one desire. I want to live a life where I put all of my hope and my trust in The Lord. I want to follow Him with my whole heart. I finally made that decision in December of 2012. My life is different now. I'm not perfect and I still sin every single day, but Christ is now the center of my life and my number one desire is to glorify Him in all that I do. After a year of contemplating whether I should be baptized again to proclaim this new step of faith, I finally decided that it was the right decision. I want to proclaim my faith and my trust in Jesus Christ to the world. I want people to celebrate this life change with me. I want fellow believers to help guide me and hold me accountable as I have made this new life change. I am so thankful that I have Christ by my side. I'm thankful that He has taught me to trust Him. I'm thankful that He is always here, even through the most difficult times. I'm thankful that I have Him in my heart!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away,
and look, new things have come." 2 Corinthians 5:17


2 comments:

  1. What an awesome testamony. God truly has great plans for you. One day you will see it all and be amazed at the path he has lead you on. Proud of ya

    ReplyDelete