Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mixed Emotions

I have one more day at home until I move into DBU. I am so very excited, but I also have some nerves. As I embark on this new journey, I think about all the amazing, exciting, and scary things ahead of me. There are times when I am so ready to have my independence, and there are times when I wish I could just be a kid forever. I know this is going to be one of the greatest experiences of my life and I cannot wait to see what God does in my life!
For the past month, I've had a countdown in my room until move in day! I've been so excited, jumping up and down every time I talk about it! I'm ready to meet new people, adapt to a new lifestyle, and learn more and more about God everyday. I'm also ready to get my dorm set up (I know, it's a girl thing!) My roommate and I have been coordinating all our stuff. I'm pretty sure we text each other everyday about new stuff we want to buy. That's another thing I'm excited about... actually getting to meet my roommate in person! We've met over text but that's about it! I know that God placed her in my life for a reason and I can't wait to get to know her more.
While there are definitely a gazillion things I'm excited about, there are a few things that have made me nervous and stressed out. To be completely honest, I'm scared to grow up. I know life will be so much different without my parents right by my side (even though they'll only be 30 min. away!), taking care of me, and quite frankly, spoiling me. I'm also nervous/stressed about my schedule! I have an extremely busy life and adding college into the picture is often hard for me to comprehend. I'll be taking 15 hours, leading a girl's Bible Study in Mansfield on Monday nights, leading in my church youth group on Sundays and Wednesday, and I currently still have my job in Mansfield, but I will be looking for a job on campus. So, my life might get a little crazy in a couple days. I know I can handle it though! "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength," (Philippians 4:13).
It is going to be a great year and I already know that God is going to do so much in my life! I already see him changing me and it is one of the greatest feelings ever! Prayers would be greatly appreciated as I enter into this new stage of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment