Monday, August 12, 2013

This Past Year in a Nut Shell


Okay, so it has been a very long time since I’ve blogged, but I plan on getting back into the blogging world with many more posts to come. Since my last post in September, a ton of things have happened in my life. There have been many high points along with many low points. Right now, life is fantastic, but it wasn’t an easy road getting here. In previous posts, you might have read about my best friend, Kayla. I’ve shared a couple of stories about some of the crazy things we did together. On November 18, 2013, I lost my very best friend to suicide. It was the saddest day in my life, and I can honestly say I have never experienced anything worse. There are so many times that I wish I could go back in time and change everything, I wish I could have her back in my life. But I know that God has a plan. I have already seen God do some amazing things through such a tragic event. Ever since her loss, I have grown so much in my walk with God. If it weren’t for God, I would not have been able to make it through her death. He has comforted me and protected me through everything. As a part of growing in my faith, last semester (my last year of high school) I became very active in the youth group that Kayla attended. It is so awesome to have a church family to grow and fellowship with. This coming semester, I will be a leader for that same youth group, and I am so looking forward to what God has in store. I also finally decided I will officially be attending Dallas Baptist University starting this fall. I am so ready! I move in nine days from today (yes, I am keeping a countdown!).  I will be majoring in education, which I’ve wanted to do since I was a little girl. Along with that, I plan on minoring in either Special Education or ESL, depending on where God leads me. It has been so amazing growing in my faith and I desire to know God so much more! While there are definitely days that I struggle and continue to grieve the loss of my best friend, I know that God is watching over me and giving me peace.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”  John 16:33

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Haley. You are an inspiration to me and to so many others as well. I love you so much. I want to come see your dorm room when you get all set up. Let me know when you want to come visit :-)

    Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete