Friday, August 30, 2013

Getting into the Swing of Things

I am so in love with DBU! Wednesday of last week (the 21st), I got all moved in (our room is so cute, by the way) and started SWAT (Student Welcome and Transition) week. It was a great way for me to get to know other DBU students and learn about the campus. I had such a great time doing all the activities and meeting people. My roommate, Cassy, and I got to know each other really well over the week and I already feel like we're best friends! We were even asked yesterday if we're siamese twins since we're always together. Classes started on Monday, and I was a little nervous, but I love all of my professors. This semester I'm taking Fitness for living (which means I actually have to work out now), Biology, State and Local Government, World Lit I, Old Testament Survey, and Foundations for Excellence. The homework load isn't too bad, but I feel like I still have some "senioritis" left over from last year.. which can't be good. I tend to choose hanging out with people and having a good time over the things that actually need to get done. I can't help that I'm a social person! Overall, everything at DBU has been great and I am so blessed and happy to be here! I know God is showing me so much and that I will grow more and more throughout my experience here at DBU.

No comments:

Post a Comment