Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Putting God First

Just recently, I started reading the devotional book, Live Second, based off of the I am Second book and videos. Through reading this devotional, God has really been showing me that He should be my number one thought and priority and everything else will fall into place in my life. That being said, I would be a liar if I said that I always make God my first priority, but I do know that the more I stay in the Word and keep my focus on Him, the better I will be at making Him the greatest desire of my life. That is my goal in life. But I can't do this without asking God to help guide me through this. Putting God first isn't always the easiest thing. It is so easy to fall into the trap of believing Satan's lies. Lies like, "I'm not 'cool' enough," "I need more friends," "Outside appearance is more important that inner appearance," "Reading my Bible can come later, right now I should just hang out with friends," etc. But in reality, GOD IS ENOUGH!! I don't need to try and be someone I'm not. I don't need to stand in front of the mirror for 30 minutes trying and look "better" because God made me perfect the way I am. Unless I put God first in my life, I will never be fully satisfied. The more I draw closer to God, things of the world become less and less important to me. God will always provide. Live Second. Put God first.

No comments:

Post a Comment