Monday, November 18, 2013

In memory of Kayla Nicole Lodes

I miss her. I miss her smile. I miss her laugh. I miss her saying “Love you,” to everyone she came across. I miss how encouraging she always was. I miss all the joy she spread to others. I miss how she always found the positive in everything. I know that she would want all of us to find the joy in this situation. As much as I wish I could bring her back right now and just give her a huge hug and see that smile again, I am happy knowing that this is all part of God’s plan. She has made such an impact in this world. Because of Kayla, I have seen many lives changed. Many people have come to know the Lord through her. I can honestly say that because of her, I have grown so much in my faith. She set such a great example of what it meant to be a Christ follower. I can’t help but find joy and peace through her loss. This past year has been a roller coaster, but I have learned that God is always here, even when it seems like times could not get worse. Just this morning, I was in chapel at DBU and we sang a song called “Never Once”. As I was listening to it, I felt like it represented exactly what I have learned throughout this year. The words say “Scars and struggles on the way, but with joy our hearts can say, yes our hearts can say, Never once did we ever walk alone. Never once did You leave us on our own. You are faithful. God, You are faithful.” After hearing that song this morning, I thought, “Wow, God really is faithful.” God has held me tight in his arms and He is not letting me go. God has given me peace. God has shown me how to find joy. God has been my friend when I feel like nobody understands. And God can be the same for you. God is faithful. 

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment